In Loving Memory

by tessa8m on February 24, 2012

in Family

Although we all know that death is a part of life, well it is never an easy aspect to deal with, especially when someone you love leaves this Earth.

It is with deep sadness that I am here to tell you that our amazing cat Midnight has passed away. This actually occurred last Tuesday, but I have not had a chance to report on it, and actually, I just didn’t really feel like it.

Midnight has been a member of our family since I turned four… he was my birthday present! We did not know his exact age at the time, but he was at least 1 or 2, making him around 20(+) years old at the time of his passing. We bought him from an animal shelter in the early 1990s and was and continued to be a true blessing to our family.

I know that every pet owner is bias about their own pet (understandable!) But I mean it when I say this was one of the best cats that has ever lived! He was incredibly friendly, feisty (in the best way!), playful, he loved to be around people and cuddle. He provided us all with comfort, company and support… Midnight was our companion, he stuck with you.

It’s safe to say that he was the “Main Man” of our house too. He did what he wanted and we would not have had it any other way :)

Midnight had not been doing well this past year. His age was showing and I am pretty sure he was on his 200th or so “life” by now… forget 9 lives, he was way past that! I know he was in some pain the last few months, and he is now in a better place and at peace. But that does not mean I don’t miss him… that does not mean that my family- his mom, dad, brothers and sister, don’t miss him more than he knows.

Midnight was beyond a simple house pet, he was not just a cat… He was a member of our family, has been with us through all of these years, I grew up with him. Oh goodness Midnight, how I am going to miss you. I love you my dear kitty.

This video was made by my brother Russell several years ago…. why yes we are obsessed with this cat!! It’s all about the Midnight- The Man, The Myth, The Legend… enjoy, it’s just a fun little bit :)

Do you own a pet or did you? Tell me about him or her!

If you do not have a pet, would you like one? What kind?

Rest in peace Midnight <3

1 daybelis February 24, 2012 at 5:28 am

aw im so sorry Tessa about your loss, sadly it happens. I actually never had a pet nor have one now and its due to my allergies towards almost all of them. I am also a control freak and ocd with pet hair, poop etc lol. In a perfect world I would love a mini pup that doesn’t grow, bark, poop, shed hair; in short terms kinda like a stuffed animal( that explains my collection lol).

2 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Thank you Daybelis!

3 Khushboo Thadani February 24, 2012 at 5:40 am

Sorry to hear about your loss Tessa. I am not much of a pet person but I do know that any kind of loss is not easy! Thinking of you girlie!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Life’s important questions

4 Alexandra February 24, 2012 at 5:52 am

<3<3 I'm so sorry friend :( Losing a beloved pet can be so hard, but remembering the fun times you shared sure makes the pain a bit easier. Like I said on Facebook, I bet Mr. Midnight is playing with tons of catnip in kitty heaven and looking down on you with love! :)
I hope your weekend is filled with those fun memories and happiness! Love ya girl!!
Alexandra recently posted..Triple Nut Cookies and Spring!

5 Kaitlyn February 24, 2012 at 6:23 am

Tessa, this is so sad! I’m soo so sorry. My family actually adopted two cats from a shelter when I was 8, and I have been amazed with how they really do become members of your family.
I hope you and your family are doing okay :)
Kaitlyn recently posted..For the next six weeks…

6 Vien @ We Dare Food February 24, 2012 at 6:47 am

I’m so sorry to hear about Midnight :( I’m sure that he lived a really happy life with all the love and happiness you and your family shower him with :)
He’s gorgeous.
Vien @ We Dare Food recently posted..Flashback Friday: Egypt

7 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes February 24, 2012 at 6:57 am

aww! So sorry girly :(
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Baked Oatmeal WIAW

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 24, 2012 at 7:07 am

Sorry to hear about Midnight! :-( We lost our family boxer, Tobey, back in December, & I was just telling my husband about how much I miss him last night! Luckily, my husband & I have our own dog, so he keeps us cheered up & my parents recently got a boxer PUPPY, so he’s certainly keeping them busy & helping them to move on from Tobey.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chris Makes Clyde’s Chili

9 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I am sorry about Tobey as well Erica! We have the memories now <3 So glad you have other dogs to keep you company now!

10 Joy February 24, 2012 at 7:22 am

I am so sorry about midnight. I lost my cat tiki during one of my first inpatient stays and I was all set to leave to go mourn. Now I have dobby, he’s a chocolate standard poodle and oh my word do I love him. His gentle kisses soothe my soul. His walks bring me more joy than anything else and his goofy antics make me laugh until it hurts he is truly my best friend
Joy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

11 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Dobby sounds like a wonderful friend! Glad you have him now :)

12 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 24, 2012 at 7:34 am

Oh Tessa I am so sorry honey! Losing a pet can be so incredibly hard! They are like a member of the family. It’s good that he isn’t in pain anymore, but I know that you will miss him! Sending lots of hugs your way girlie. <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..FLOW #4

13 Natalie @Will Jog For Food February 24, 2012 at 7:43 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat! It’s so hard to lose a pet. I have one dog, Bella. She is the cutest sweetest thing. I will be so sad when it’s her time to go…

14 Victoria (District Chocoholic) February 24, 2012 at 7:44 am

I’m very sorry to hear about midnight – he sounds like an awesome cat.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Recchiuti: Champagne Truffles

15 Floey February 24, 2012 at 7:49 am

Ohhh girl, Midnight looks just like my cat Dewey.
So sorry for your loss <33

16 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Thank you!

17 Sarah @ feeedingbrainandbody February 24, 2012 at 7:54 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat! We had to put my dog down after he had a stroke when he was 14 years old. So many good memories with that dog! Again, sorry to hear about Midnight! All the best!
Sarah @ feeedingbrainandbody recently posted..How Geeky can I get?

18 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com February 24, 2012 at 8:04 am

oh my goodness Tessa, I am so sorry! It is so hard when someone or something that is such a huge part of your life is taken away. Please please please let me know if you need anything.

19 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Thank you for your support CJ, I certainly will let you know!

20 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 24, 2012 at 8:19 am

Awww Tessa I’m so sorry about Midnight! It must be so tough to lose a pet. :( But it sounds like you have some great memories of him that you’ll never forget!

I’ve never had a pet other than goldfish. But I really want to get a dog! I know it’s not really a good idea right now while I’m still a busy student, but maybe in a year or two!
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..Big Tomato

21 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I want to get a dog one day too! post college like you :)

22 kaila@ healthy helper blog! February 24, 2012 at 8:35 am

I am so sorry for your loss. Animals are a big part of my life too so I know how much a death of one of them can affect a person. They are like members of the family in my eyes. That video is adorable! Clearly Midnight was a very special cat!
kaila@ healthy helper blog! recently posted..I am…

23 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm

He really was Kaila, thank you!

24 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots February 24, 2012 at 8:41 am

I am so sorry for your loss! Losing a pet is like losing a family member! We had to put our kitty down last year because he got cancer and we had only had him for 4 years it was really hard on all of us. We have a dog who is 14 yrs old and I am soo afraid for the day he passes, I will be a mess and we have 2 CRAZY kitties that are a year old, they are the entertainment in my house hold.

25 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I am sorry about your cat getting so sick like that! I am glad you have the other pets now though… feisty kitties are the best :)

26 Melissa February 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

Oh honey, I’m so sorry. Losing a pet is just awful. I still miss my dog I had growing up, and he’s been gone for 5 years! Pets are truly members of the family! Sending hugs and prayers your way. XO
Melissa recently posted..Nutrition for Runners: Chocolate Milk

27 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Thank you Melissa, it means a lot!

28 Carrie Purchase @ Myhealthyaddictions February 24, 2012 at 8:52 am

So sorry to hear about your loss! The hubby and I have 2 dogs, a Boxer/Lab mix and a pure Boxer who is still a puppy! I love them sooooo much and can’t imagine losing one of them.
Try to enjoy your weekend!
Carrie Purchase @ Myhealthyaddictions recently posted..My Journey

29 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I will do my best to enjoy the weekend, thank you for the reminder :) Your puppies sound adorable!

30 Mac February 24, 2012 at 9:05 am

Sorry to hear about Midnight :(
Mac recently posted..Lent

31 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 24, 2012 at 9:51 am

i’m sorry to hear about your loss tessa. :( our family dog passed away about a year ago after having him in our family since i was a little girl, and i know how difficult it can be! *hugs!*
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Active Rest Days

32 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign February 24, 2012 at 10:02 am

Aw, I’m so sorry to hear about your pet. It’s so hard when a pet dies–they really are a part of the family!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Bump it Up (A Hair Tutorial)

33 Amy Lauren February 24, 2012 at 10:16 am

I’m really sorry for your loss Tessa. Pets are family members and I know you will certainly miss Midnight. My husband and I hope to get a dog when we move out of our apartment, and I hope when we do, he/she will be as special to us as Midnight was to you.
Amy Lauren recently posted..It’s Okay Thursday!

34 Colleen February 24, 2012 at 10:21 am

Oh, Tessa, I am SOOOO sorry. This brought tears to my eyes. All of my childhood pets have passed away (all 3 died post-marriage, so I lived in another state, but I was so sad to hear of their deaths). The pet’s death that has impacted me the most was when my husband and I lost our “baby” (5 yr old choc lab) this past spring. He was a wedding gift to each other and I still can’t even talk about losing him so unexpectedly. He had a heart attack during one of my daily runs w/ him. He lived for running. Turns out he had an underlying heart condition, but I blame myself for his death. That experience was the #2 most horrible experience of my entire life. Ill never forgive myself.
On a happier note…maybe….We also have a “puppy” chocolate lab. OMG. He’s a hellion. He’s 9 months old and already outweighs me. He is so bad that he failed out of obidience school. The trainer made us take him home!!!!!! We also have the most precious, sweet rescue dog in the world. SWEAR! I rescued him from a horrible, horrible life and he loves us dearly. I swear he shows appreciation daily towards us.
I have had a cat since college (gift from my husband/boyfriend at the time) and we LOVE her. She is soooo pretty and she loves people. She’s unsually sociable for a cat. Her death will KILL me, too, but hopefully she’s got a good decade left!
Now I want to leave work and go home to love on my babies! :o)

35 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Oh Colleen, I am so so sorry you had that experience with your first dog! That is just terrible, but please do not blame yourself ever!! I love chocolate labs and he sounds wonderful, although a bit crazy haha
You have a great bunch of pets aka family members to add delight to your life… i love this :)

36 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! February 24, 2012 at 10:30 am

Aw, he looked like a great pet! Always sad to see the loss of a loved one.
I have one dog at home – but we got her only a few months before I left for college (can you say replacement?). Still, a few months was long enough to bond with her – I miss her more than my family some times!
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Copenhagen, the FOOD! [WIAW}

37 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts February 24, 2012 at 10:31 am

So sorry for your loss Tessa :(

We have a doggie, Ella, she is also a member of our family. I never thought in my whole life I could love an animal as much as I love her.
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Grilling out!

38 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I am so glad you have Ella :)

39 Sophie @ Love Live & Learn February 24, 2012 at 10:40 am

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss Tessa :-(

I was heartbroken when my old cat died and my little Poppy is so precious to me that I will be deeply sad when she passes away.

I really hope you are all doing ok! I know it probably feels like there is a big whole in the house at the moment :-(

Midnight is adorable, just try to remember all of your lovely memories of him <3
Sophie @ Love Live & Learn recently posted..My Day (and Struggles) in Food.

40 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I am okay Sophie thank you for your amazing and supportive words <3

41 Liz @ Southern Charm February 24, 2012 at 10:44 am

I’m so sorry for your loss! Thankfully Midnight had a long life and it was filled with love from you and your family!!!

Of course, you know about my pup, Sydney, and she is the love of my life {I’m totally biased}. I can’t imagine losing her!

My thoughts are prayers are with you! Our pets ARE our families!

Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..thinkThin thinkWellness {Giveaway & Review}

42 Alexis February 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

So sorry about hearing your lost your cat :( animals can be such wonderful companions. He was also a very handsome cat :) and I’m sure he provided you lots of cuddling and did his job here on Earth

I have had many animals that I’ve loved. We are animal people here! Layla is my current “cat” I use the term loosely because she acts like a dog – fetches, comes when her name is called, follows me around, and responds when I talk.
Alexis recently posted..Chewing away

43 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Hahaha Layla sounds wonderful! Although perhaps a bit species confused ;)

44 Jose @ stationary bike February 24, 2012 at 10:59 am

I’m so sorry reading your post. It reminds me my cat at home. I do understand what you feel.
Jose @ stationary bike recently posted..Schwinn Active 20 Recumbent Exercise Bike

45 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Thank you Jose, I appreciate your words :)

46 Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo February 24, 2012 at 11:03 am

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Midnight led a long, happy life filled with lots of memories with you though!

My first pet, a black cocker spaniel named Muffin was seriously my WORLD and she passed away when I was 10 due to a case of heart worms that we just couldn’t get rid of, it was really hard. I still remember my parents telling me- but I’m just happy I got the chance to love her while I did!
Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo recently posted..Fitness Friday!

47 Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things February 24, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I am in the exact same boat as you right now; I just posted about how we had to put my Cocker Spaniel to sleep on Sunday :( So I know how much it hurts to lose a best friend.

Lots of love goes out to you and your family as you deal with the passing of a close member of your household.
Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things recently posted..Best Friend

48 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I just read your post about your dog, I am so sorry Michelle :(

49 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 24, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I am SO sorry to hear about your cat! I know how hard that is – our family cat died when I was in college. Her name was Twinkle because she was all grey except for a yellow-ish star on her nose. When my mom called to tell me she had to be put down I was about to walk into class, but instead I burst into tears and ran back to my car (looking like a nutcase, I’m sure).

Lots of love to you. XO

50 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Twinkle sounds so lovely! I am sorry you had to go through this as well… but I am glad we have the memories <3

51 Sara @my less serious life February 24, 2012 at 12:21 pm

thinking of you <3
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..commentary: quinoa

52 HollieisFueledByLOLZ February 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Awe sorry to hear girl. I lost my dog on New Years so I can understand your pain. I hope everything get’s better soon! :)
HollieisFueledByLOLZ recently posted..Fisher Cats!

53 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I am sorry about your dog as well Hollie!

54 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie February 24, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I’m so sorry about your loss Tessa! I’m glad you have a lot of memories with Midnight that you can look back on!

My family used to have two hamsters and of course they did not live very long but they were so cute and fun to play with. Someday I’d love a Greyhound and a rabbit though!

55 lindsay February 24, 2012 at 1:26 pm

it’s never easy losing a pet. Especially a family pet! Hugs to you and your family. furr babies are precious so good to remember them as they were. yes?!
lindsay recently posted..Sorry or Not?

56 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Yes for sure :)

57 Mattie @ Comfy and Confident February 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I am sorry! It’s always sad to lose a pet. My family dog is getting so old, I am afraid she won’t be around much longer.
Mattie @ Comfy and Confident recently posted..Red Hook Saturnaleai, RiRa and more

58 Haley @ Health Freak College Girl February 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm

i am so sorry tessa! midnight sounds like she was an awesome cat :)
Haley @ Health Freak College Girl recently posted..jackpot at the grocery store

59 Heidi @ Idlehide February 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Midnight! I cannot imagine losing my little cat Maggie, she is truly part of the family. I’m glad you have such happy memories to remember Midnight by.
Heidi @ Idlehide recently posted..almond + apricot energy bites

60 Laura @ LauraLivesLife February 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I’m sorry to hear about Midnight – this was a lovely tribute!
Laura @ LauraLivesLife recently posted..Friday Wrap-Up

61 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 24, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Ay, I’m sorry about your loss!

I actually had a cat named Bear since kindergarten, and when he passed away I was veryvery sad :(
Keep your head up!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Sushi & Fruit IQ

62 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I am sorry to hear about Bear! We have the memories though :)

63 Brittany February 24, 2012 at 2:03 pm

This post broke my heart. I am so so sorry for your baby passing. Cats are the most amazing pets ever, and I don’t know how I am going to handle it when mine pass. My older cat is getting up there in age, and I will be a mess when he dies. The video your brother made is adorable..RIP midnight, you were well loved! <3
Brittany recently posted..Will Run For Cake

64 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Aww Brittany thank you girl

65 Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Aw I’m so so sorry – I have three ginger kitties and it’s my worst nightmare that something will happen to them and one already has a heart condition. This is my first time owning indoor cats and therefore growing up they usually ‘went missing’ or died outside, but now I am aware that if they get sick it’ll be a decision of having to put them down or coming home and finding them…and I just can’t bear that thought. I try not to think about it honestly. So sad! They are so much a part of our lives! And cats especially just have such awesome personalities … I’m so glad that your kitty had such a long and happy life with you guys!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Double Chocolate Oatmeal

66 Allie February 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat! What a LONG time to have a pet–that really IS a family member! I do love that first picture of him sitting at the table, he looks like such a boss.

I had a cat–he’s still alive, but my mom stole him :) They really have such personality. I’d love to get pet rats again, but they are so sweet and yet have painfully short lifespans. Losing pets is hard–just remember Midnight fondly and how your family gave him an awesome life! Or how maybe he helped give your family an awesome life…
Allie recently posted..Costa Rica: The Activities

67 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Yes exactly Allie, it’s essential to remember the fabulous times I had with him and how he made everything better

68 Alaina February 24, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat Tessa! :-( My parents own two and they really do feel like part of the family.
Alaina recently posted..One Week In

69 ~Jessica~ February 24, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I adore that video, and feel that I ‘knew’ Midnight, just a little, from your post. He seemed like a wonderful and much loved pet (with a beautiful name) who couldn’t have asked for a better life from you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

My only cat was named Minnie and she meant everything to me. It would be very hard for me to ever own another cat, selfish though that may be. She was so quirky and eccentric, and had a totally schizophrenic personality: one minute she was sleeping soundly on your lap, the next mauling your hand. She had been abused badly as a kitten and was a rescue cat, so it took her a long time to trust people. She was never, ever a ‘cuddly’ cat but I loved her to pieces anyway. She was knocked down in the road and died within a minute of being hit, just long enough to crawl off the road. She was getting on in years (she was 14 when she died) and had arthritis, so her quality of life was deteriorating. I’m glad that she didn’t have to suffer or deteriorate and that at least she died when she was still agile. She was very much an outdoors cat, loved to hunt (poor birdies!) and would have become very depressed had she become housebound. I still miss her though, every second of the day.

xxx
~Jessica~ recently posted..WIAW – Supersize Me Salad?

70 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Oh my I am sorry that that happened to your kitty!! :( That is just so awful. But it’s good(?) if that is even okay to say, that at least she was older and not in her prime.
Midnight was an outdoor cat too :)

71 Kate @ Chasing It February 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Oh Tessa I’m so sorry!!! Losing a pet is SO hard. My first dog, Trottie, died when I was 16. My parents bought him the week after I was born, so I grew up with him – he let me sit on his back like a horse (he was HUGE haha), dress him up in tutus and fairy wings (yep I was cool like that), and when I was sad he would come up and put his paw on my shoulder like he understood. He had cancer and by the end of his life couldn’t walk, but putting him down was still SO hard. You’re right, pets are not just animals or pets….they’re family members and its just as hard to lose them! you can always get another cat or dog, but you can’t ever replace the first. Sending hugs your way!!
Kate @ Chasing It recently posted..Until Later (but hopefully sooner)

72 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I am sorry about Trottie as well, but he sounds like a fantastic dog :) I love that we still have the memories!

73 Becca February 24, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I’m sorry about Midnight. Losing a pet is so hard. My “childhood” cat died when I was about 13, and I cried for days. We got another cat around that time, and she is still alive at my parents house, but she’s about 18 now, and it’s so sad that her time is nearing! It looks like Midnight had a great life, though! That video made me laugh.

74 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Hi Becca, thank you for your support! I am sure your cat has had so much love like Midnight has :)

75 Turtle-speed Runner February 24, 2012 at 6:38 pm

20 years! That’s a lovely long life for a kitty. I’m sorry to hear he’s gone :(
My kitty is 16 this year. He’s a ginger cat, and is a big grumpy bum, but we love him anyway ;)
Love the video!!
Turtle-speed Runner recently posted..Random Things

76 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles February 24, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Oh Tessa, I’m so sorry. I remember when both of my dogs passed, they definitely each changed our lives for the better and we were devastated to lose them. My family’s cat is so gentle, loving, and sweet. We’re all nuts about him! He is a 30lb diabetic and has been through a lot over his 16 years. He’s looking quite thin and frail these days, losing him will be difficult. I also have a kitten of my own who I’ve quickly grown to love dearly!
Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles recently posted..My One Sentence

77 tessa8m February 24, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thank you Kaitlyn! it is difficult and of course you understand with your pet… We will always have the memories :)

78 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 24, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your loss :(

Hang in there!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Friday Favorites

79 Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee February 24, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Awwww I’m so sorry. I’ve never had a pet so I can’t truly understand, but about a year and a half ago one of my close friends was going through the death of the dog she’d had her whole life.
Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee recently posted..Lovin’ my Veggies

80 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats February 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss. Your cat seemed like a wonderful pet and companion. I grew up with a family dog that passed away when I was 13 and I still think about him now over 10 years later. It’s comforting to know that they are in a better place, though.
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Quinoa, Corn, and Chickpeas Oh My!

81 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 24, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat :-( She sounds like she had a good life with your family, though.

I do have to say that I started laughing when I started the video your brother made – I love it! The music surprised me :-) It’s funny because my family has always been so obsessed with our dog. We got her when I was in 2nd grade, and we’re pretty sure she’s on her last leg and may only have a few more weeks left :-(
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Keeping Berries Fresh

82 tessa8m February 25, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Thank you Michelle… and ha yes, the music on the video is rather unique :) I am so so sorry to hear about your dog as well girl, let me know if you need anything!

83 Kristin February 24, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Midnight…I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Unfortunately, I can relate all too well with what you may be feeling. My 13-year-old Boston Terrier, Marti, is dying. Two weeks ago, the veterinarian predicted that she would live 4 more days and she is still holding on. The last few days, however, have been just awful. I am leaving for spring break tomorrow with my mom and I am so afraid that she will pass away while I am gone. Animals are such beautiful, loving gifts that teach us humans so much…it’s heartbreaking that they can’t have longer lives. Thanks for sharing your story…it’s comforting to know I’m not alone.

84 Jeanna @ MyAdventures February 24, 2012 at 9:27 pm

First off I am so very sorry for your loss. I have loved and lost many pets in my life and there is never a way to help the hurt any faster than time. I remember a specific dog that helped me more than anything when my first husband passed away. I had to give her to another family and it was without a doubt one of the hardest things I have ever done. I now with my new husband have a wonderful lab/pitbull mix and she is starting to patch up that hole that my Nikka had left.

85 tessa8m February 25, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Hi Jeanna, thank you so very much for stopping by and reading about my darling Midnight! That is lovely that you had a dog to help you out in your time of need :)

86 Chelsea @ The Nut Butter Runner February 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Aw, so sorry about your kitty. :( My dog had to be put down last December, right before my birthday, and it killed me. She was the dog I got for my 4th birthday. I’ve had a lot of animals in the past, but every passing kills me inside just as much as the last, no matter how small (yes, my hermit crab had a funeral). I have six cats right now.. All of them “found” us, so it’s not like I’m a crazy cat lady! I also have geese and chickens, because we have a farm. My geese are awesome pets. :)

87 caloricandcrazy February 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Midnight looks like such a calm and sweet kitty! I have a kitty myself who I love just as much–she adopted us in a way about ten years ago now. She quickly became a member of the family :)
caloricandcrazy recently posted..My Week with Overnight Oats

88 gram February 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Hi, Tessa,
Your tribute to Middie made me cry. He was my 3rd Grandson. A REALLY
special cat. I guess you can have comfort in that he had a wonderful life, was very much loved. He was the Main Cat. We will all miss him and talk
of his place in the family and how he really ruled the roost. Hope you and Mom can find a kiddie to fill the void that he left.

Lots of love,
Gram, Pop, too

89 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes February 25, 2012 at 2:31 am

I’m so sorry about your loss Tessa! Sending you hugs! x
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..Butternut Squash Thai Coconut Soup

90 Kat @ a dash of fairydust February 25, 2012 at 4:56 am

I’m really sorry about your loss,Tessa… I can imagine how you feel as I’ve had two cats as a child and lost both og them; one was hit by a carthe other one simply disappeared – it’s so terrible never to know what has happened to my darling! :(
Anyways,at the moment,I have a dog and a cat and I don’t want to miss any of them. They’re my everything; animals are such amazing creatures and I believe they can feel when you’re sad or something as mine always come to me and want to cuddle when I’m about to cry. :)
Kat @ a dash of fairydust recently posted..I [cry]. I [try].

91 Tara February 25, 2012 at 7:55 am

I’m so sorry about Midnight!! Losing an animal is just as hard as losing a person to me. You have nothing to hold against them because they always love you unconditionally, and it’s so hard to let them go! I can see how important Midnight was to you from this post and scrolling up and reading gram’s comment (too cute, I have to say!)
Tara recently posted..What I learned (and ate) in Montreal

92 Chloe@EveryCraving February 25, 2012 at 10:52 am

Aw, I’m so sorry for your loss<3
Chloe@EveryCraving recently posted..Brownie Batter Nutella Brownies

93 sarah (onedayiwillseethesun) February 25, 2012 at 11:04 am

Oh im sorry to hear about your cat, he did live to a great age and has had a very happy life if that makes it any easier. I love my pets, have 3 cats wo are like my babies.

94 tessa8m February 26, 2012 at 10:39 am

I am so glad you have cats too Sarah, they are the best!

95 Kat February 25, 2012 at 12:04 pm

so sorry about this love. when my childhood dog died last year, it was really hard. BUT, we just have to remember all the joy they brought us while we had them :)
Kat recently posted..Most random workout of all time

96 Paulina (One Smile Ahead) February 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about Midnight! My grandma’s cat passed away last year, and she looked almost exactly like Midnight. She was very old as well, at least 20+. She was a big part of the family, so I definitely know how you would feel. Try to remember all the joy and happiness he brought you and smile when you think of him :]
Paulina (One Smile Ahead) recently posted..In a Flash

97 tessa8m February 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

Aww Paulina thank you! Your gram’s cat sounds amazing as well :)

98 Julia @ girl with a stethoscope February 25, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Tessa I am SO terribly sorry for your loss. Although I don’t have my own pets, I could only imagine how much sadness you are going through since Midnight has been a part of your life for so long! Just try and remember all the fun times with your kittie! I am here for ya girl

xoxo
Julia @ girl with a stethoscope recently posted..workout wednesday #6

99 tessa8m February 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

I will remember the times Julia, thank you girl

100 Katie February 25, 2012 at 9:54 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss of your pet : (

I know how hard that is, I lost lots of animals growing up, they are part of the family so it is really sad : (

thinking of you love xoxo
Katie recently posted..Kale chips, masks, and shower-less

101 tessa8m February 26, 2012 at 10:37 am

102 Rach February 26, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Oh girl, I am so sorry about this loss. :(
Rach recently posted..An Artsy Date Night

103 Jentry Nielsen February 27, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Oh I am so sorry for your loss Tessa! Pets become so much like family it is always hard to see them go!!!

104 Jess @ Blonde Ponytail February 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm

So So so sorry for you loss. I know how much furry family members mean to the family–they are part of it. Midnight was certainly blessed to have you all in his life!
Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Tuesday Trainer & Happy Zzzzz’s