Making The Commitment

by tessa8m on March 27, 2012

in Awesome Bloggers,Serious Stuff

Good Morning friends!

Who am I posting on Tuesday?! Well I have something to say :)

In all honesty, I was nervous to publish my post from yesterday. It’s not that I was reluctant to because of the actual content as it was something I really needed to get out, but more anxious over how you reader’s might react. To me this confession is something that is very much in the way of making a full recovery… it’s the key piece that I am hanging onto because I know what kind of results it yields.

I know what I need to do, take a break, an extended rest that last more than just one day. I am pretty sure I have been overdue for this break for quite some time now, years maybe and well, it is certainly all catching up to me now.

Over the weekend while I was writing out my thoughts, I was understanding what I “needed” to do but the anxiety and tears rose within me every time I actually thought about ceasing the exercise. Either I was going to keep on working out and just hope the fatigue will magically disappear (umm no) or take a rest and eat less… one was going to give, can’t possibly have both unless I want to get FAT!

In all honesty, my thoughts changed after reading all of your genuine and personal responses to what I was saying. You provided me with encouragement, motivation and inspiration to do what I am officially committing to…

I am doing this, I am making the commitment to take a break, a legitimate rest… an extended amount of time where my body is going to recover. I want to get back to my running, fit, full-of-energy, ass-kicking self (lol) and sacrifices must be made in order to do this. I am declaring this on my blog, on the Internet where everyone and anyone that happens to stumble upon Amazing Asset will read that I am doing this… I need to be held accountable, it’s not going to happen without that.

While I am at school, there is no one here to hold me to me my word, to make sure I eat right and don’t exercise. I know I have it within myself to take on this challenge, but knowing I have all of YOU out there both supporting and keeping me accountable helps to alleviate the mental struggle this is going to be.

Now I simply cannot sit around on my bum all day and do NOTHING… that might actually kill me. But no official, hardcore workouts at all! I have to walk around campus no matter what, so that will continue to happen and I am also planning to take walks to the gym in the morning, do a good amount of stretching there (I have to work on this anyway) and then walk back. This gives me a mental break, a chance to get out of my own small space and get some fresh air.

I started this morning- 10 minute walk to the campus fitness center, stretching for 20 minutes, and a 10 minute walk back. Am I entirely okay with this? Heck no… I actually feel a bit like a lard and that lovely compulsive urge to restrict my food intake “just a bit” because whatever I didn’t workout so why do I need normal amounts of food?! Shut the hell up disordered eating Tessa.

But I just have to keep remembering how much BETTER I will feel after this mentally difficult time is over. It will be worth it, I know it will and most importantly, I really do not have a choice, that is if I plan on ever really and truly getting better from all of this once and for all.

From the very bottom of my heart, thank you for your help in all of this. You enabled me to “take the plunge,” to understand it’s going to feel pretty sucktastic, but that I will be rewarded.

Goodness thank you ALL and see you tomorrow for a special What I Ate Wednesday post :)

1 Victoria (District Chocoholic) March 27, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I have nothing useful to add, but I do love the first picture of that kitten.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..March 19-25: Soggy Training

2 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hahaha that works.

3 Khushboo March 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Every time the urge to have an intense workout hits, ask yourself whether it will energise you. If the answer is no, continue resting! Exercise is meant to bring out the best in us :)
Khushboo recently posted..The Hunger Games hype

4 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Good trick! Will try :)

5 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health March 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm

YOU CAN DO IT :D. Hope you have a great Tuesday pretty lady!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Can I Go Back Yet?

6 Nikki March 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm

So proud of you!!!!! Go, Tessa, go!!
Nikki recently posted..Back into the Swing of Things

7 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots March 27, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Good for you Tessa! You can do it, I know you have it in you. You will thank yourself in the long run!

8 Healthiful Balance March 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I’m glad that you are listening to your body and doing what is best for YOU! <3
Healthiful Balance recently posted..A Look Into My Weekend

9 lindsey March 27, 2012 at 12:53 pm

you can do it!! you WILL feel so much better! and you will feel FREER. eventually you’ll be confused about how you ever had the time and inclination to kill yourself in the gym. :)

it’s so great. the freeing feeling will make you want to jump off even more cliffs of your own fear/restrictions!

10 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I know that in the end it will all be worth it :)

11 kaila @ healthyhelper March 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm

SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU TESSA! Seriously! This is the best decision you have ever made!!!! It will definitely be hard at first but soon you will feel this overwhelming sense of relief when you realize that exercise is not the be all end all. Your body will not change (except possibly in POSITIVE ways!) and you will still be the AMAZING person that you are. Taking a break from exercise myself in the past has helped me realize my self worth and that I am much more than what I do in the gym. I hope the same will happen to you!
kaila @ healthyhelper recently posted..Whole Foods Fun

12 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Gosh Kaila thank you!! These types of encouraging comments are soo helpful right now :)

13 Alexandra March 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm

You my friend are SO strong and wise beyond your years. I’m so so so so proud of your will and commitment to rest! Your mind may want to rebel, but your body is gonna be like, “hellllzzz yeahhhhh!” :D Wishing you all the best and all the strength in the world to accomplish your goals. I know you can do it!!
Love you so much girl! If you ever wanna talk or want support, feel free to email me chica! :)
Alexandra recently posted..I never thought it was possible…

14 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Hahaha yeahhh my body is going to be like that and I am psyched :) Thank you for the support you lovely thang!

15 HollieisFueledByLOLZ March 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I take weeks off and they happen to be the best weeks for my recovery. I just suddenly have more energy and I want to run or swim again! I normally have to take a step back when I find the lack of energy or don’t want to do the things I enjoy the most.
HollieisFueledByLOLZ recently posted..Emm Geez (Magnesium)

16 Karla March 27, 2012 at 2:13 pm

This is why I read your blog… because you are continually listening to your heart, pouring it out for the world to read and then rather than stopping there, you come up with ways to kick eds boo-tay! Way to go on “taking the plunge,” to understand it’s going to feel pretty sucktastic, but that you will be rewarded!! I think it’s like everything else, I have struggled with still saving calories to fullfill my desire to binge at night and I justify it because I have to get in the calories. I know it’s wrong and not healthy, but it gives me control (albeit false control) and makes me feel good, comforted, safe. Like you, when I think of stopping this behavior, I nearly have a panic attack and I cry, and want to die… literally, because it seems to hard and impossible to ever be “normal” and “healthy”. But, like you said, We have to take plunges, DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY even though they are hard and scary, so that we can truly LIVE! I will be praying for you!!!

17 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Hey Karla,
Well goodness thank you for such a lovely comment! I do understand (of course) about holding onto something and feeling like it’s the control that you really and truly need, when in fact it’s making thing worse! I am finally getting this and that is helping me to keep my recovery progressing.

18 cam@mtl-fitness March 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm

SO happy to see that you are taking care of your body! and we are all here to go through this with you :)

19 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Aww thank you :)

20 Tayla Anne March 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Good for you Tessa, you should be proud of yourself :)
Tayla Anne recently posted..Sunday Blues with Some Sunshine

21 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes March 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I’m so proud of you! You can do it and I promise it will get easier. Just be really open to your feelings during this time so can really learn from it. Enjoy the pressure-free time of not having to exercise every day. I told myself to just LET GO. It ended up being a truly freeing experience and I was able to carry that freedom into exercise again when I finally eased back into it. I’m so so excited for you! Just own it and rock your rest time girl! Enjoy all the other parts of your life!
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..I’ve Been Squeezed…err…Pressed.

22 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:14 pm

It was actually your comment (among others of course) that made an impact on helping me to make this decision! I am going to try my best to enjoy this rest time :)

23 Michelle @ Blogitness March 27, 2012 at 2:50 pm

You can do it! You should be so proud of yourself!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Vanilla Smoothie

24 Amy March 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm

You can do it, Tessa- this sonuds optimal for your health and well being and we are all here behind you!

25 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm

26 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles March 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Congratulations Tessa! I think making the commitment to your readers is a huge step. You know we’re here to support and encourage you and I hope it’s as helpful to you in this endeavor as the community has been for me. Soon, the nice weather will return and you can revel in the glory of your walking time!
Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles recently posted..Dilly Beet and Quinoa Salad (+Giveaway)

27 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Yes I cannot wait for that permanent nice weather :)

28 Alexis March 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I just caught up on your post from yesterday and I can COMPLETELY relate to you. The reason I started the live fit trainer was to get completely away from cardio. It forced me to limit my workouts and let my body recover. The first month was hard but it made me realized I WAY over did it with cardio/running/swimming/biking. Stopping cardio has given me freedom!

You can do it even though some days will be hard. we are all here to support you!
Alexis recently posted..The ring and my answer

29 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Oh yes I can understand how that might have helped you turn around your mindset! Thank you for the support ALexis, I am going to need it!

30 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ March 27, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I am so proud of you! I’m only walking right now and last week my husband decreased the amount of time I was allotted from an hour to 35 minutes!!!! It’s scary and anxiety provoking but gets easier every day. You can do this girl! Your body needs it!!! I’m here for u if u need anything!

31 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm

We both can do this CJ :D

32 Katherine March 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Super proud of you Tessa! If things get hard, just remember that the big picture is more important than the here and now. Also, we definitely forget how active we are each day as college students. Stay strong! :D

33 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Thank you Katherine!

34 Allie March 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm

GREAT! Yes, rest days are so hard, but they are worth it–like you say, you come back with energy, alertness and readiness to take it all on. I find that taking walks (easy walks, not work out walks) on rest days helps, it’s such a calming thing to do. I bet your stretching will be just like that–good way to move without over-moving.
Allie recently posted..Raw Challenge, Accepted

35 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Yeah stretching will certainly help too.. I am very inflexible anyway so this is the time to improve that!

36 Laura @ LauraLivesLife March 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I’m so totally proud of you – you are so brave and I don’t think I could do it!

When I got sick this summer, I turned to yoga and it really helped me mentally, physically, and emotionally heal – if you did easier classes, it would be rest, but still some activity?
Laura @ LauraLivesLife recently posted..Salt Lake City Marathon

37 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I was actually thinking about yoga! I might give it a go and will update you all if I decide to!

38 devyn March 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Wow this post mirrors my life right now! I have emailed you awhile back before about my recovery and I am in this process right now. I definitely went through over compulsive exercising, think 12 miles a day everyday for like half a year maybe. Uhm yeah, suprise, my body didnt like that. I ot lethargic and grumpy and found no joy in my work outs!

I took a few months off and I actually quit the gym. I enjoyed walks and light yoga but thats it. I got my glow back! My hair was healthier, and everyone told me I just looked happier!

Now I do a few 20 minute runs here and there, and I am loving pilates! And guess what, I didnt gain an ounce :)

39 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Hi Devyn,
It’s nice to hear from you again! I am so glad to hear how much healthier you have become, very helpful for me to read and inspiring as well :) I really do appreciate it!

40 Devyn March 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Thanks! I just want you to feel amazing too! Believe that you don’t need to push to your limits everyday to be in shape. I also found that eating and listening to my body got easier when I was not in the gym for multiple hours everyday! Best of luck :)

41 Kate @ Chasing It March 27, 2012 at 4:26 pm

aah I meant to comment on your post yesterday but got caught up studying boooo. BUT in any case I’M SO PROUD OF YOU for making this decision!!!!!!! Its really a scary thing to do and I will be 100% honest with you, its not fun and it feels weird. I took the past two weeks off of all physical activity and everything was all thrown off – my routine, my sleep patterns ( I’ve found that working out allows me to sleep well – if I don’t unleash that energy, I toss and turn, ugh), my eating (on the one hand, everyone needs food whether they exercise or not…on the other hand, I don’t need the same amount as I do when I can run and bike everyday and that’s hard to get used to…so even though I made an effort to not restrict, “eating what I need” meant something very different!). Yeah it was uncomfortable.

But the break is going to be good for you – all I did the past two weeks was walk, stretch, and do functional strength/stability work (just my body weight, to work more on getting the right muscles firing so that I can run and bike with better posture/a more stable core etc). It really works a lot better that way – your body can respond to the stretches and strength work and your muscles will get stronger and more flexible, because they don’t have to respond to your normal workload in addition. And I think it’ll really help you see exactly what/how much food you need to fuel your body too – If you can fuel your body as it is, then that makes it less of a mindfuck to add exercise into the equation you know?

If I have one piece of advice, its to not put a timeline on the break. Just wait until you WANT to work out (YOU, not ED), until you’re excited about it again, until you feel like you’ve got so much energy that you just neeeeeed to do something! Who knows, that could be sooner than you think, if you don’t stress out about getting back to it as soon as possible.

And I’m right here to support you and keep you accountable whenever you need!! :-D I wanna see you back to your ass-kicking self soon too!!!
Kate @ Chasing It recently posted..Break Free

42 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Ahhh Kate you always leave me such wonderful messages… and ones that are REAL as well! I appreciate you being honest with your own experiences with this as well and that it’s not all puppies and rainbows, because it’s certainly not! It’s going to be hard and against what I have been doing for years, but oh well, it MUST be done!
I am also worried about the diet portion of this but it’s just another way I am going to have to trust my body.. yet something else I will challenge myself. Oh and that advice is spot on, I cannot give myself a timeline you are right!

43 Jentry Nielsen March 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Good for you Tessa! You are strong than this and can make it out! You are already showing how strong you are by even saying you are going to take this approach and making it public to us! You have all of our support and I know it will be hard, but you can get through anything! :) Good luck girl!

44 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I appreciate the well-wishes! :)

45 Kristin March 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm

You are a rock star. Period.

46 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Thanks girl :)

47 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance March 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I’m a little late, but GAH Tessa, your honesty is so inspiring. During my cardio-addiction days I absolutely struggled with this very same issue, and could never actually call myself out on taking the needed amount of rest.

This is AWESOME that you’re putting yourself out there to make such difficult, yet much-needed and positive changes. You’re an inspiration, so keep it up! We’re rooting you on :D
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..An Early Brainwashing

48 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Thank you Brittany!! I am glad you had gotten better with this as well :)

49 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! March 27, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for this – you should really be proud just for taking this step. It’s a great sign of how far your recovery has come :-) I know that yoga isn’t for everyone, but if your gym offers classes I’d highly recommend going – even just for some stretching time. For me it’s been a great way to still have the ‘me’ time I would get from running or something, without exerting the body. Even at-home yoga has helped a bit.
Rest may feel weird now, but once you start to reap the benefits, if will feel so amazing, I promise! I know everyone says this, but feel free to message me or anything if you need a little encouragement or are feeling down :-)
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Exploring Stockholm: Slussen, Gamla Stan, Hagaparken

50 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I think I am going to take the time to try out yoga! I have never wanted to because it didn’t “burn enough calories” blahhhh but now I have the time to and I know it’s amazing for you! I will let you know what I think :)

51 Becca March 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I missed yesterday’s post, but I can so relate to this. Actually, I recently needed minor surgery. As part of the recovery, I couldn’t work out for two weeks. When my doctor said that, I immediately tried to negotiate with her (uh, no). I had this idea that I was going to do it anyway, obviously, or else I would get fat and be a useless person. Obviously, I have an issue.

Well, I didn’t work out. I tried a couple of times, but my body was definitely saying “no.” It was stressful at first, but then I realized…wait. First of all, how sick am I that I’m more worried about working out than my overall health? Second of all, oh wait…I’m not gaining weight at all, actually. Huh. It seems that my insane obsession with working out every damn day was actually NOT saving me from what would surely be morbid obesity. In fact, it may just be stressing me out.

I really do feel like I have a new perspective now, though I don’t know how long I will last. I’m still working out less, just because…I know that I can. And I can do other things that I actually enjoy and don’t guilt myself over. I guess all this is to say, I think a break can really work wonders, so hang in there! Mine was kind of forced on me, but I’m (almost) glad it was now.

52 tessa8m March 27, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Becca,
It was great that you shared this here and were able to experience such a situation. Something positive came out something that was not so fun, the surgery. Working out definitely does stress me out at times and I know this break is going to give me some perspective as it did for you!

53 sarah March 27, 2012 at 6:31 pm

rooting for you girl!!!

54 Catherine March 27, 2012 at 6:33 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TESSA! YOURE AN AMAZON WOMAN!

55 Julia @ girl with a stethoscope March 27, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Good for you Tessa! I am so excited to see you be able to do this because I KNOW you can!!

We are here for ya girly!!

xoxo
Julia @ girl with a stethoscope recently posted..Things That Make Me Smile =]

56 Alaina March 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I know you can do this Tessa!! And you have all of us who have your back and who are here to support you. :-) <3
Alaina recently posted..Blog Buddies & Dinner at Harvest

57 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie March 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I love this! I seriously think this will help you so much and I’m really glad you made this decision. Personally I love to live an ‘active’ lifestyle, which just means I walk most places (which is easy to do when you don’t have a car haha) and just fit in physical activity where I can throughout the day. Honestly, I am not a fan of the gym and I don’t think you have to go to the gym to get the benefits of exercise. I am the most active during the summer, but I don’t feel like I’m forcing it, because I’m just doing things I love, like playing tennis, taking walks with my family and riding my bike. I think it really helps me find my balance and reminds me that exercise isn’t one concrete definition.
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..Spring Cravings

58 Amy Lauren March 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Way to go Tessa for listening to your body! I had to take an entire month off of running because of anemia in the summer of 2010, and as hard and depressing as it was, I did yoga, I did a few fitness classes, and I took it easy… well I came back running even faster than before! Sometimes our bodies just need a break. I’m really proud of you for taking that step, and I know it’s something I’m trying to do too (not stopping completely, but definitely cutting back- way back!). You have your whole life to run, race, and work out- a few weeks off will probably reenergize you and make you excited about it :).
Amy Lauren recently posted..My Journey to Technical Writing (Part 1)

59 Chelsea @ Chelsea Runs March 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Great job Tessa! I’m so proud of you holding yourself accountable. :) Way to be an awesome role model for everyone as well! I know that it will get really hard sometimes, but just know that you’re making yourself better by doing this. Soon enough, when your body is ready, you will be back to 100% mind and body connected Tessa, and ready to kick major ass! Can’t wait for WIAW tomorrow :)
Chelsea @ Chelsea Runs recently posted..Oh, Monday.

60 Lisa March 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm

You have so much support on here and I know you can do it! You rock, you seriously inspire me. I know I need to be doing this soon, well probably now. Why must it be so hard! xoxo
Lisa recently posted..A Circuit Workout and Tuesday Talks

61 Emily March 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

You are such an inspiration, Tessa. Seriously. This is amazing.
The fact that you’re able to see what your body needs and listen to it, as difficult as it is, just goes to show how far you’ve come. This is something I constantly struggle with as well- I can’t imagine my life without an intense workout almost every day. But, over the past few weeks I’ve really focused on listening to my body and allowing it to get the rest it needs. And it feels amazing. Not only that, when I DO work out, I have more energy and strength than I’ve had in a long time.
This will all be sooo worth it. We’re here to support you, every step of the way!
Emily recently posted..It’s time to get busy…

62 Haley @ Health Freak College Girl March 27, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Tessa you are so amazing! So many people wouldn’t face their challenges so head on as you. I think that the walking to the gym and stretching routine you are doing is perfect! Keep it up :)

63 Vien @ We Dare Food March 27, 2012 at 11:55 pm

So proud with your progress!!! :D
I have a little tip! When I feel the ‘itch’ to exercise, I’ll walk to the park with a good book and read! I won’t wear my shoes because I might have the urge to run.. So, I’ll wear my flip flops, a comfy outfit and lie on the grass! I actually feel liberated and appreciate that there’s so much more to life than exercising! :)
Vien @ We Dare Food recently posted..Izakaya Den, CBD

64 Margarita March 28, 2012 at 1:36 am

Tessa, I hear you… I think I have a semi exercise addiction too and I feel so guilty if I don’t exercise… but lately, I have started listening to my body and not pushed myself so hard. The funny thing about this is, everyone at my gym has been asking me where I’ve been and telling me that I’m looking good. I have always been on the petite side no matter how much I eat, but I think that just doing what I enjoy is working well for my body. A little running (at most 7 miles per week), outdoor biking when the weather is perfect, lots of hikes, lots of yoga, ab workouts, weights 2-3 times a week. No more Body Pump, Body Combat, Body Attack, or Body Step… all of those just caused me shin and back injuries. Do you like yoga? That might be something that could work for you… yoga and short or long walks…

65 Kinley @ Better Off Barefoot March 28, 2012 at 9:37 am

Yeah you! This is awesome and I hope you feel a burst of energy by the time your break is over :)
Kinley @ Better Off Barefoot recently posted..WIAW: 3/28

66 Allie March 28, 2012 at 11:52 am

I’m soo proud of you! You SERIOUSLY inspire me with your hard work, dedication, and sheer honesty. You can do this Tessa <3333
Allie recently posted..Spinning instructor musings

67 Sophie @ Love Live & Learn March 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm

You are the BEST Tessa! I am so so proud of you for making this decision, I think it can only help you. I’m sorry I didn’t comment on your post about exercise, I did read it but I’ve been a bit (read: a lot) busy these last few days. But read it I did and I think you are so brave for writing about it. It sort of inspired me to do my own post on exercise because frankly over the past few months I have developed a toxic relationship with working out and it’s making me unhappy. Thank you for inspiring me as you always do lovely, I really admire your determination to get better :-)
Sophie @ Love Live & Learn recently posted..A Birthday Dinner.

68 A Fine balance March 29, 2012 at 9:36 am

Do you have a recipe for the pumpkin egg white oatmeal?
A Fine balance recently posted..Smooth Operator

69 tessa8m March 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I do! Here is the method I use- I could rolled oats as I normally would: 1/2 cup rolled oats with 1 cup water, 1/2 soy milk- stir together and wait to heat up and start to bubble. Keep on stirring but turn down the heat so it’s not boiling… When it has cooked for 8-10 minutes, stir in 1/2 cup egg whites and make sure you keep stirring or the egg whites will curdle. Cook for 2 or so minutes more. I add pumpkin in at the end, vanilla, cinnamon and top with whatever I am craving.
Pour into a bowl and enjoy a rather voluminous bowl of oats :)

70 Katie March 30, 2012 at 10:49 pm

YOU are amazing and that is why your blog has the word amazing in its title! SO proud of you for making this choice and sharing with all of us! Stay strong girl!!! <3
Katie recently posted..Heart Rate Monitor Giveaway

71 tessa8m March 31, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Thank you Katie!

72 Paulina (One Smile Ahead) March 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I’m just catching up on your posts since I had a super busy week, but you go girl! I’m so happy to hear you’re doing something that your ED would be totally against! Rest is so so important. I wasn’t feeling too well Thursday, so I skipped my workout and that was definitely the thing to do, but if I have to be honest I was a bit hesitant about it. I’m really hoping it’s going well for you :] Stay strong! I know you can do it <3
Paulina (One Smile Ahead) recently posted..Smooth Salad

73 tessa8m March 31, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Aww thank you Paulina! I am glad you are getting better at listening to your body as well :)

74 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 31, 2012 at 3:37 pm

This post is awesome. :)
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..YogaPulse DVD Set: Review

75 Errign April 2, 2012 at 7:43 am

Good for you Tessa! I’m also taking a bit of a break from exercise due to tendonitis in my hip – we can support each other! Officially, my doctor said two weeks, no running, and that I can do activities that don’t hurt my hip, so I might try some easy bike riding (outside!). I’m mostly stretching, doing hip strengthening moves (raises, bridges, etc), yoga, and I’m going to try Pilates this week.
Errign recently posted..Spring Clean!

76 tessa8m April 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

Yes please, supporting each other sounds great! I am getting more into yoga at this point and might give pilates a go too

77 Lauren (@poweredbypb) April 9, 2012 at 6:43 am

I totally relate to this post, and it actually really hit home with me and has made me realise that I need to take a break. So I am committing to a week of rest starting this week!
Lauren (@poweredbypb) recently posted..Time for a rest

78 tessa8m April 9, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Good luck with the rest Lauren!