Hey! It’s Ok & Blogger Meetup

by tessa8m on May 11, 2012

in it's Ok!

Good mornin to yeeee!

Alright so by now you should know I simply cannot open up a post with a thank you and my sincerest appreciations on my last post! As I wrote on Wednesday, that is a sensitive topic that is often shoved under the rug and kept hidden because no one really wants to admit to doing it… understandable of course. Knowing that though, I was slightly nervous about writing about the situation but as usual, I had nothing to fret over and you all provided me with personal stories and insight.

Thank you my friends. This week in particular has been causing me stress around the eating disorder stuff, as I have been going out to eat a lot lately… I actually ended up flipping out and breaking down to mom on the phone an the other day, something that really needed to occur. I want to explain more about this later though, Monday perhaps, as there is of course more to chat about.

Not today though, as I am working to keep things positive in these parts today, or at least away from rather emotional topics.

Plus this Friday is a special one as it’s the day I graduate from college! Later today is the school-wide graduation which takes place in the football stadium, as it’s the only place large enough to hold the 4,000 + students graduating. Then of course the families who are coming to watch are thrown into the mix, and this makes for a rather large crowd.

Later tonight I am going out for a special dinner with my dad and stepmom’s family! My stepbrother is in the same grade as me and is also graduating from UMASS (engineer major, smarty pants), so we are having a joint celebratory dinner. And then tomorrow morning are all of the smaller school’s ceremonies, Public Health in my case, which I am actually looking much more forward to because they are smaller, more personal and individual.

Moving out will occur at some point among all of this and then the final drive home! Phew…. busy, but exciting stuff. Although I really need to get my packing on, as my room currently looks like this:

Working on it.

For today’s post I am doing another edition of It’s Ok! I had a great time creating my first one a few weeks ago, and it’s time to bring it back… although this version has a mix of giving you some of my life updates as well!

Hey It’s Ok…

…….. to not be attending the school-wide graduation ceremony. I am sure many of you are disagreeing with me on this one, but ehh I just have zero desire to attend this event, along with thousands of other people. Both of my older brothers graduated from UMASS in 2007 and 2008 and I watched both of their graduations. BORING AS HECK, not personal in the slightest, chaotic, you can’t hear anyone’s speeches, poor organization, just not individual at all.

Both years there was also tons of drama among the family for various reasons, and you know what? I am just not in the mood for any of that, and therefore I am happily declining my invitation to attend this particular ceremony. However, I will be going to the Public Health one tomorrow morning and I am way more excited for that… so much smaller and personal!

I keep being told that I am going to regret skipping such an event but honestly, I really do not think I will feel anything from this decision, other than relief that I don’t have to be there haha. My mom is coming in tomorrow afternoon so I am going to try and recruit her for a date to get a manicure and pedicure together :)

……… to take a shower after a workout, fold your laundry that just finished, clean up your room, pack a bit, and eat breakfast, all in the NUDE, because your room is too hot and well, you can! Oh and hey, wearing socks to keep your feet warm is ok too ;) It’s a rather freeing experience,

……….. on the naked note, it’s also OK to spend a lengthy amount of time in your birthday suit and be able to deal with how your body looks and feels, and perhaps even feel good about yourself. Heck that is better than okay!

…………. to receive a parking ticket on campus from a particularly mean and miserable parking attendant (who is out to get you, I swear!), and sincerely hope that you can use these words against him someday, “Karma is a b*tch.” Seriously though, I parked my car right near the campus center for about 5 minutes while I ran into get lunch before work, put my flashers on and everything… oh and did I mention about 50 other cars were there too!? And I still received a 40 dollar ticket….. #firstworldproblems

Yes I am going to appeal that and yes, I wanted to (and still have lingering rage that is making me want to stab this particular person. Violent, crazed and unnecessary? Sure thing, but oh well, I said it! First parking ticket of the semester on the last day… dang.

………… to use the few last meal swipes I have to buy way over-priced Chobani yogurt on campus. They have to be used in someway, gotta stock up!

………… to finish Insurgent in just about 3 days and feel genuine sadness and a sense of loss at having to wait at least another year for the next one in the trilogy to come out.

………… to be getting a strong/firm upper body (and to even see some abs!) from the amount of upperbody weight training I have been doing. Well wait a second, it’s not more ST than I was before, just more upper-body focus as I am resting my legs as much as possible these days. Here is a simple but tough and efficient workout I did the other day:

I warmed up on the bike for 20 minutes (meant to do just 10 but I was reading Insurgent, I am sure you understand) and then went to the weight area. (With supersets, perform each exercise in the set back to back, rest for 30 seconds, and then repeat the pair of exercises two more times for a total of 3 through each circuit)

Superset 1

• 15 reps Bench Press
  • 25 push ups with hands on med ball. Each time you go down, roll med ball to other hand

Superset 2

• 15 Lat pull downs
  • 15 Renegade row (15 each arm)

Superset 3

• 15 Chest fly on bench
  • 15 Standing back chest fly

………… to go through the discarded/donated items from the residents who are moving out and find some serious gems! I found a whole box of unopened Kashi bars, instant Whole Foods oatmeal, never-used notebooks, pens, pencils, markers and so much  more great stuff. I know I should not be bringing in even more stuff to my room to take home but ehhh, I could not pass up some of the items.

…………. for one of the main reasons I am excited to be home this summer is because I can play the Sims once again on our superfast desktop computer, all day everrrrry day ;) My laptop simply cannot handle that game… although this has been a good thing because if I could play it while at school, yeahhhh not much would ever have gotten done.

………….to be using this website for help several times over this summer!

It claims to give helpful tips and tricks on how to build the very best forts out there. I am babysitting a whole lot for the next few months, and you had better believe part of my nannying repertoire is professional fort builder ;)

………….. to try a new fitness class at the gym called “Piloxing,” be completely terrible at it, but absolutely love it! It was a fabulous time- no shoes, lots of dancing, with some ballet, zumba-like moves, cardio kick thrown in there- great music, spunky instructor. I just wish I had discovered this class earlier this year :(

……………to cringe and then proceed to die a bit inside when someone asks you, “are you team Peeta or Gale?!” Please.just.no, not allowed to compare this to Twilight or have any similarities, the Hunger Games are much better, well in my opinion of course.

……………… to partake in an activity for an entire afternoon that gives yourself a mental break from the constant obsession about food, weight and so on. In this case, collage making, while watching Black Hawk Down… hey now, it’s a most wonderful chance to see an epic war movie, oh and Josh Hartnett in action ;)

……………….(on the Josh Hartnett note) it’s ok to have a board on Pinterest dedicated to the male celebs out there that get my heart pumpin.

……………. to love eating alone for several reasons, and a main one being you can be as messy as you want (yep, it feels great)! Oh and lick the plate after of course, must get every.single.morsel.

…………….to count a 40 minute walk for my workout on Wednesday, take a rest day on Thursday, and then just walk/stretch on Friday. To add to this, it’s ok to feel incredibly guilty, lazy, etc, but to deal with the feelings and realize my body still.needs.rest. and to embrace such feelings and the situation.

………….. and finally, it’s certainly ok to have a BLOGGER MEET UP next week! Alright people in the Boston, Northshore/Southshore, in the vicinity of Boston listen up!

Lindsay from In Sweetness and In Health have known each other through blogging for almost a year now but have never met in person! This is just simply not alright as we both live close to each other, that is when I am home from school. Well now is the time to meet this wonderful woman because she is moving back home soon, so time is a-tickin.

Therefore we are planning a meet up on Wednesday, 5/16 at J.P. Licks in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, and anyone that wants to come and meet us is more than welcome to join!!

This place is just fantastic… they have a great selection of frozen yogurt (and ice cream too of course- never have tried the ice cream, fear food….grr), which I always order, and just so many topping choices, fresh cones, and yummm, I cannot wait! If you plan to come, leave a comment here or just show up! I am curious who else might be attending that is why I suggested that comment :)

It would be lovely to put some faces to the names of people I read about often, so come and join if you can!

Alright that is all from me today, lots to do today so I better get my butt to it!

-What’s your ‘it’s okay’ for today or in general?

-What are your plans for the weekend?

-Can you make it next Wednesday for some delicious frozen treats!?

Look for a guest post on Sunday and of course have a most lovely weekend everyone :)

1 Vien @ We Dare Food May 11, 2012 at 5:11 am

Aww man! I wanna come too! :P
hmm.. it’s ok to buy 10 pack of Laughing cow wedges and 5 Lindt chocolate bars when they go on sale! HAHA
I have a Mother’s Day run this Sunday to raise funds for breast cancer :D but my essay is due the following day so, it’s hard-core essay writing time for me till this Sunday!
Vien @ We Dare Food recently posted..Discovering The Aisles

2 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:27 am

That is sooo okay! I hope the paper went well and the run does of course too! Good luck :)

3 Khushboo Thadani May 11, 2012 at 5:35 am

For what it’s worth, I didn’t go to my graduation either and my only regret is not getting the picture of me in a gown and cap :)! If I were in Boston, I would definitively be attending the blogger meet-up on Wednesday…hope you guys have a blast! My Hey It’s Okay for today is “Hey It’s Okay to wear the same sports bra for 4 workouts before finally throwing it in the laundry!” Yes I have no shame :) Have a great weekend!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..New product finds

4 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:28 am

Haha that is of course okay! I hope you are enjoying you weekend too

5 Natasha May 11, 2012 at 6:02 am

For me, it is okay that I’m not going to be able to workout this morning (again) and that I might not even go tonight (again) ahaha.
This weekend I’m finally going to see some friends that are just getting back from school and then watch my dad and uncle mountain bike race for SIX hours this Sunday!
I wish I lived closer so that I could join you lovely ladies…if you are ever in Michigan holla at me :)
Natasha recently posted..Life Update

6 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:29 am

Good god, your uncle and dad are beasts! I hope it went well!

7 Clare May 11, 2012 at 6:42 am

Oh I’d love to come meet you guys! Have a great time, you’ll definitely have to come visit Australia one day so I can show you around ;)

I think it’s funny how you have a stepbrother the same age as you, I do too! We graduated together, but from different schools.. did the whole joint celebration thing too.

Totally understand why you wouldn’t want to attend the Grad ceremony, if it’s anything like ours, the speeches go for SO LONG… gah such a waste of time, so boring! Oooh and choosing between Gale or Peeta!? NOT happening!

Thanks for sharing Tessa! Have a great weekend :)
Clare recently posted..Healthy Banana Cake for One

8 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:33 am

I am so glad you agree on the Gale, Peeta and twilight nonsense….. nooo cannot be compared thank you very much!

9 Sarah @ the Brain and Body May 11, 2012 at 7:00 am

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone tells me I am going to regret something. I am sure you know your feelings and have made a good decision about the grad ceremony! So its definitely okay :) That is awesome you had a blogger meet up :) Have a great weekend!!
Sarah @ the Brain and Body recently posted..More Big News

10 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:41 am

Gahhh me too! I am glad you understand what I am saying here

11 Victoria (District Chocoholic) May 11, 2012 at 7:07 am

JP LICKS AND I’M NOT AROUND??? Unacceptable.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Bruno’s Chocolate Creations: Nutty Pieces

12 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

TRULY THIS IS!

13 HollieisFueledByLOLZ May 11, 2012 at 7:19 am

I hate when people tell you what you are going to think or feel. It’s probably on one of my most annoyed things ever. If I went to a bigger school-I don’t know if I would want to go either. I’d go to the health one though for sure.

Have a great weekend!
HollieisFueledByLOLZ recently posted..Cross Country Awards Banquet

14 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:46 am

Haaaa yep, I could not agree more!

15 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! May 11, 2012 at 7:48 am

Licking the plate is ALWAYS okay. No, a NECESSITY! :)
Kaila @healthyhelperblog! recently posted..So Much Deliciousness

16 Amy Lauren May 11, 2012 at 7:51 am

A 40 minute walk is definitely a workout! Sometimes walking can be just as tough as running if you’re power walking and going fast! But I know how you feel about not wanting to “count” it. I didn’t want to count my group run with friends the other day because we ran a 5K in 38 minutes (ran/walked, plus it was hot), but my friend insists it all counts. If nothing else, it may not help me run faster, but it’s a good time with friends and stretches out my legs.

I love the carton of Chobani you bought with your meal plan. Gotta use that money somehow, at least you spent it on something good. I wish I could make it to a blogger meetup one day and have frozen treats, but since I live in the South and I’m far away, I’ll just have one in your honor (hey it’s hot here anyway!).

Do not blame you for not going to a 4000+ people graduation. I’d probably just go to the smaller one too. My college had a over 300 in the ceremony but that wasn’t too bad really.
Amy Lauren recently posted..Iron sharpens iron

17 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:47 am

Exactly Amy, I am glad you were able to turn your thoughts around that walk/run as well… it can be hard at first but then you realize it’s totally fine to take it easy.

18 Alexandra May 11, 2012 at 7:52 am

AHH what a fun weekend ahead, so many exciting things to come! Hopefully all the fun will cancel out the stress ed has been causing you. I mean graduation and a fanfreakintastic bloggy meetup?? I’m teleporting up there to join ;)
That pillow fort is EPIC and all that Chobani is mighty awesome!
Have a fantabulous time this weekend girl!!
Alexandra recently posted..Busy Bee and a New Recipe

19 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:48 am

PLEASE DO! Can’t wait to see you Wednesday ;)

20 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 11, 2012 at 8:12 am

YAY for our blogger meet up!!! I totally forgot to put that in my super short post today…going to edit that asap :D. Um, and yes to reading Insurgent super fast! And I’m so so sad too that it’s over haha. Happy Friday beautiful lady!! <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..To The Shore

21 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:49 am

I knowww I can’t believe we have to wait such a long time for the next one! ahhh

22 Eating as a Path to Yoga May 11, 2012 at 8:18 am

My plan is lots of yoga, strength training, and maybe walking outdoors on a little hike-a-roo? Will be celebrating Mother’s Day too. I totally get about the whole ceremony thing. Good for you, for listening to your own needs.
Eating as a Path to Yoga recently posted..Mindful Eating Challenge #9

23 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:50 am

Thank you, I am getting better at doing this!

24 Amy @ Turtle-speed Runner May 11, 2012 at 8:19 am

Pillow forts are the bomb! When I was younger we had a couch that transformed quite easily into a really awesome cubby. I have two older brothers so we would always end up then trashing it while someone was still inside… stacks on! Good times…
As for parking inspectors… I’m pretty sure they must have some game with each other as to who can give a ticket for the most ridiculous reason.
That arm circuit looks super hard! No wonder you’re seeing arm definition!
And I would so love to come and eat frozen yoghurt with you… it would just be a very pricey tub of yoghurt ;)
Amy @ Turtle-speed Runner recently posted..Uber randomness.

25 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:52 am

Haha that is pretty awesome Amy, I can remember some epic forts with my brothers too :)

26 Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count May 11, 2012 at 8:49 am

I get so wrapped up in books sometimes, so I completely identify with this, Tessa! Insurgent that you’re talking about…is that by Veronica Roth? If you liked it, I want to look for it. Good luck with all of you packing up. Happy Graduation!
Fran@ Broken Cookies Don’t Count recently posted..Living In The Shadow Of The Wind

27 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:53 am

Yes it is! Definitely pick it up, it’s officially been added to my favorite book list :)

28 Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 11, 2012 at 9:24 am

Congratulations on your graduation! Most of my friends didn’t go to the large ceremony either. It’s a cluster, so they avoided it. I, too, walk around in the buff and rather enjoy it, so you’re not alone ;) Have fun meeting up with your fellow blogger, and have a great weekend!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..A Weekend With Blends- Part 2

29 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:54 am

Thank you Lena…. and yes a cluster fluff to say the least!

30 Alex @ therunwithin May 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

NOOOOOO you are killing me! I will literally be home in Boston for only four days but not till the 26th! Sad day, I love JPLicks more than life itself. I would have so gone. Ok, many of these not only made me die laughing but also made realize we have the same brain. My dorm room gets hot as ever, I am the same way about dressing doing laundry. The last few meal swipes will be spent on all the expensive food I never could have spent money on before. Strength training is giving me this confidence, ya I am not yet seeing the buff self come through but maybe soon enough? If I was more dedicated I would be that way. I do the same thing, freebies from all the freshies are mine!!!!!
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Thursday Confessions

31 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:55 am

Well unfortunately Lindsay won’t be in Boston anymore by that time :( but I will be!! If you want to meet up I would love to arrange that!

32 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts May 11, 2012 at 9:43 am

We are going to Chicago this summer and we are planning to have a blogger meet up there :) I cant wait!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Humbled

33 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:55 am

Gahh I want to come to that! ha… now I just need to learn how to teleport

34 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 11, 2012 at 10:01 am

you crack me up!! i love the “hey, it’s ok to walk around…in the nude” one!! you’re awesome. i’m all for it too.
walks, stretching, and yoga have pretty much been my “workouts” for the past couple months (can’t believe it’s already been that long!)… i NEVER thought i’d be calling WALKS as my workouts. glad you’re resting your body. :)
i SO wish i could be in boston to meet two of my favorites next week! i hope you two have a great time together!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..This Or That?

35 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:56 am

I never thought it either Ashley, how far we have both come :) I sooo wish you could meet with us too, one day!

36 Allie May 11, 2012 at 10:04 am

I’m so sorry about your ticket! I would be pretty upset too. Also, I don’t blame you for not wanting to go to graduation. I went to my brother’s ceremony at PSU and it was SO long and SO boring LOL!

Have a great weekend!!
Allie recently posted..Peanut Butter Corn Flake Bars

37 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:57 am

LOL yep… boring as feck! I hope you are having a nice weekend too Allie :)

38 Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

Hey, it’s okay that I have red and blue stripes in my hair and bruises all over my legs for my bridal shower. HA.
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Tough Mudder Photos and Giveaway Winners

39 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:57 am

Hhaha that is awesome Cait and certainly a-okay!

40 Faith @ For the Health of It May 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

Skipping the ceremony isn’t a bad idea at all. Mine was lousy AND it dragged for what seemed like forever (plus I went to a small school, so I couldn’t even imagine the awfulness that a bigger one would be!) Just relish the graduatING bit and forget about the graduatION.

41 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:58 am

Love this attitude here Faith, and I did and have no regrets!

42 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie May 11, 2012 at 11:13 am

Joint celebrations are fun! I think my little sister and I might end up having one in two years when she graduates high school and I graduate college. I feel the same way about college grad though–I’ll probably go to the smaller one for my major or whatever but the big ones are sooooo boring!

This weekend I’m hoping I can go to Starbucks Frappuccino happy hour! I haven’t had the chance to go all week and I’m really wanting a mocha light frapp!
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..WIAW: Free At Last (Almost!)

43 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 8:59 am

That will be fun for you and your sister! Mmm those frappes are flippen delicious, I hope you enjoyed one Ashley!

44 Nikki May 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

oh man…you have to become a pro fort builder and take a ton of pictures along the way!!! PS I wish I could join the meet up…MA is just a wee bit far, though :(
Nikki recently posted..Women’s Consortium Retreat

45 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

Dohhh… just teleport up here Nikki ;)

46 Kat @ a dash of fairydust May 11, 2012 at 11:42 am

Aaaw,how awesome that you’ve been feeling so good in your skin today. I’m so happy for you,girl,and really – you CAN be proud of yourself & your body; you’re beautiful inside and out!
For me,it’s okay to have had an awful day yesterday on which nothing,NOTHING happened to work out as I wanted,BUT not to give up and therefore have a pretty nice & successful day today. :)
Oh,and it’s okay to buy hummus despite it being super expensive actually,but hey – here in Germany,finding hummus in the stores is almost IMPOSSIBLE,so how stupid would it be from a hummus lover to walk past it then?!
Kat @ a dash of fairydust recently posted..WIAW [#4] – Factual.

47 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:01 am

Aww thank you Kat :) I am sorry you had such a poopy day, but your attitude to get over it is fantastic! And yes that is totally okay, hummus is that good!

48 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com May 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

I just wanted to let you know I did not attend my high school or undergrad graduations. Personally I think they are long and boring and neither me or my family cared to attend either one haha I got so many questions from my in-laws (I was married when I graduated college can you believe that?!) why I would ever make a decision like that but I think the choice is totally personal and you should never have to defend that <3
I love your "it's ok" posts. I agree that the hunger games are WAY better than Twilight. I definitely enjoy making collages and think it is in awesome mental break, and I do like eating alone sometimes.
and my its ok is….it is ok to put on sweats right when you get home on a friday night, make breakfast for dinner, and chill out watching movies and catching up on blogs. that is totally my plan this evening and i think it sounds fabulous :-)
have a great weekend!!!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Perfectionism In Relation to Self-Expression

49 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

Gahh no I didn’t know that CJ! It really was up to me and my own thoughts on it… and also what would make me happy! Which was to not go and it was totally fine
Sounds like a great weekend to me, I hope you are enjoying it thus far :)

50 Annie May 11, 2012 at 11:59 am

I could not agree more on the sims game one! That’s my total guilty pleasure of doing absolutely nothing for one day and just play sims until I get sick of it. Definetly a must do for all breaks off school.

Ps. Congrats and enjoy your weekend!

51 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

I am soo so glad you agree with this Annie :) And thank you!

52 Tracy May 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Hey we want to come!!

Amy and I work together and want to come..we both read your blog and love it!

this is me->www.wickedpotatoes.com
this is she->www.macncheesenpeas.com

We both work together until four so evening time??

53 Tracy May 11, 2012 at 12:46 pm
54 tessa8m May 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Yesss sounds good!! can’t wait to meet you both :) Lindsay and I are planning for 7:30!

55 Tracy May 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm

YES! perfect see ye then

56 Amy Sinclair (@MacnCheesenPeas) May 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Yayy Can’t wait to meet you ladies!

57 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:19 am

I am excited too Amy!

58 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Congrats on graduating!! Super jealous of your blogger meet up! Also, I am pumped for insurgent, can’t wait to get my hands on it and I totally agree about Twilight vs. Hunger Games. Granted, I’ve never read or seen twilight, but please, no way could it be on par with HG. This weekend I have my first half marathon then officially booking my wedding venue. Crazy weekend ahead. Have fun with graduation festivities!!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Hectic Final Preparations

59 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

I am so so glad you agree with the HG business, Ummm nooo to comparing them and thanks! haha

60 Kristin May 11, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Haha oh girl this post had me nodding and laughing because I agree with SO much of what you said! 1) I also spend a lot of time in the nude since I live alone! Hahaha no shame…I feel like it’s good for our body confidence and it’s just plain easier! We won’t be able to do it forever so we might as well do it now, right? Glad I’m not alone! 2) My eating habits are terrible when I eat alone in my apartment. Picking up my cauliflower with my fingers, licking my yogurt bowl, there are no limits to my inappropriate behavior. In front of other people, however, I must say that I mind my manners very well! 3) I LOVE that you still make those great collages. I have the one that you made me hanging up in my apartment and I love it! Thanks again :)
Happy graduation weekend!!! ENJOY IT!

61 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:05 am

I agree Kristin, it is good to boost our body confidence, for suer :) Hahaha yep my eating habits are the exact same way and it’s awesome. Soooo glad you still like the collage, this makes me smile! :D

62 Allie May 11, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I neeeeed to get around to buying curtains for my new house–there definitely has been enough naked time, and since I live by my lonesome, an investment in curtains will mean an investment in significantly less laundry ;D And it’s definitely okay to lick plates and bowls clean, even if other people are around! (Okay, okay, might want to limit it to family/best friends who have to love you regardless of what ridiculous things you do ;D )

Also, I didn’t go to any of my college graduations, and I wouldn’t go back and do it any other way, so if people are telling you otherwise, ehhh, it’s a personal thing about whether it’s important to you or not.
Allie recently posted..Future Food on Friday

63 Allie May 11, 2012 at 12:33 pm

By that I meant, HASN’T been enough naked time. You can never have enough naked time, haha.
Allie recently posted..Future Food on Friday

64 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:06 am

Hahaha I gotcha Allie, oh and I agree! And it was a personal choice and i know I made the right one for myself

65 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon May 11, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Hehe I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who enjoys playing The Sims :)
And I say that it’s okay to go to class/the mall/your friend’s in sweaty gym clothes!
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..All wrapped up

66 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:06 am

Ohhh no not at all Jamie, it’s my (not so) secret hobby :)

67 Anna @ The Guiltless Life May 11, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Haha love these “It’s okay!” posts of yours. I too have a rather illegal crush on Zac Efron. And I agree with you wholeheartedly about it not being okay to compare Twilight and Hunger Games. Please.
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Naturally Sweetened Chocolate Bundt Cake

68 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:07 am

Lol… he’s just so danggg good lookin!

69 Brittany May 11, 2012 at 1:45 pm

OMG I love this post!! LOVE LOVE IT!! I wanted more!! I was laughing at so many of your paragraphs! I am soo jealous that Lindsay gets to meet you!! You two will have a blast. I neeeed a blogger meet up someday!!
Brittany recently posted..Grill Love

70 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:08 am

Yes please Brittany, it will happen!

71 Sonia the Mexigarian May 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm

baahahaha. Yay, not the only one that prances around in their skivves when in the privacy of home. Clothes can not contain me. I’m like ‘shit!!’ when I hear the door bell ring and scramble for clothes.

I would so rummage through that giveaeay pile. I am such a pack rat. One of these days I’ll end up looking like the Junk Lady from Labrinyth.

And no worries about not foing to BIG graduation. Did mine for Muir College at UCSD and it was ginormous and insanely hot that day. Luckily, my department was called first so I hightailed my robed butt out of there as soon as I got off stage. I prefer the more intimate setting of going by department.degree and cheering on other you know, those that have worked alongside with you to the same goal.

I would so go to the blogger meet up if I lived in your area. Would love to meet other bloggers!

This weekend is the Hungarian Festival up in Belmont. Going with the faamily. :)

Hope you have a funtastic weekend!
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..Foodie Penpal

72 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:09 am

Ahh yes to having to sprint to some clothing! that actually happened later on Friday when someone came by to borrow something and i had no pants on… oopsie :) I would love for you to meet us as well, some day Sonia!
I hope you are having a most lovely weekend with the fam!

73 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm

When I had my own apartment without air conditioning I always ate breakfast in my underwear because the coffee made me hot :) And I didn’t go to my BA or MA graduation ceremonies. Boooring to me.
I wish I was anywhere near you guys for the meet up! Have fun!
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Back Away From The Sweet Potatoes

74 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:10 am

Oh yes me too… coffee and nude time is necessary otherwise yep, too hot!

75 Liz @ Southern Charm May 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I missed my large and small graduation and have yet to regret it! Granted, I had a law school graduation that I did attend 3 years later, but I wanted to poke my eyes out. I think it’s a smart decision :)

And ahhhhh we have to discuss Insurgent!!! I died inside too when it was over, but want to reread to see what I missed … ps. I love Four!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..My New Favorite Afternoon Snack

76 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:11 am

I love FOUR too!! I cannot wait for the next one…umm next year?! noooo

77 Haley @ Health Freak College Girl May 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm

i would totally use the rest of my meal bucks to buy chobani! might as well spend it on something delicious and that you know you will eat :)
Haley @ Health Freak College Girl recently posted..chocolate fudgey protein cookies

78 tessa8m May 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Mhmm yes exactly Haley!

79 caloricandcrazy May 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm

ahhh the blogger meetup sounds like fun! too bad i live across the country ><

and I agree with you about the jam-packed ceremonies. at my school, they break it up by college, but they're still not that personal imo.

80 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:12 am

Dangg…some day!

81 Erin May 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Haha on the parking ticket note… I got one on my last ever day of college… Because I illegally parked to change into my final presentation suit! They have NOTHING better going on in life!

My current “it’s ok” though ……. It’s okay to watch marathons of age-inappropriate (tween) abc family shows! I started “make it or break it” on Netflix last week and it’s addicting. However… One girl gets an ed… Fml

82 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:15 am

Seriously they don’t… gahh I was angry beyond all reason lol

83 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 12, 2012 at 6:33 am

I’ve met Lindsay before, and I can tell you that she is wonderful! ;) Have a great time this weekend! Give her a hug for me!

84 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:15 am

Gahh I cannot wait to meet such a lovely person.. and of course I will!

85 Kate @ Work in Progress May 12, 2012 at 11:36 am

LOL at cleaning your room in the buff!!! I totally do that too, or walk around in my bra/panties. Not when my parents are home though. It’s kind of freeing! And def helps me get more comfortable with my body. Also the parking ticket – that happened to me on my last day on campus too, and I just never paid it lolololol. Also, CONGRATS on graduation!!! I feel ya on the whole-school ceremony thing – if I’d gone to a big university like UMASS I would’ve skipped out too. At W&M we had a whole-school ceremony and department ceremonies, but the big one encompasses pretty much all of the traditional “rites of passage” things that they tell you about on campus tours when you’re in high school, so it was more fun than a normal ceremony! but have a great time this afternoon and at the celebratory dinner!! :-D
Kate @ Work in Progress recently posted..Saturday Confessional

86 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:16 am

That does sound like a much better way of celebrating if you ask me!

87 Tara May 12, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I definitely can understand why you didn’t attend graduation and I definitely think that’s fine! I’m not one for those big things anyway. I’m sure the smaller one is much better! I also LOVE that Conspiracy Keanu meme that you posted. I shared it with my friends and now whenever we forget something we start blabbing like sims people.
Tara recently posted..WIAW–It’s been a while!

88 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:17 am

Haha yay, I am glad you appreciate it as much as I do Tara :)

89 Cara May 13, 2012 at 12:35 am

I really don’t want to attend my high school graduation ceremony either. You could say I’m not exactly one of the “popular” people and I ahng out with my own crowd, so I feel like I’d just be a nervous wreck that is completely out of place!

OMG a blogger meet up sounds awesome! I would love to do that one day! Have a great weekend Tessa :-)!
Cara recently posted..Ode to Bananas

90 tessa8m May 13, 2012 at 9:18 am

That is nice you had your own crowd though :)

91 Sophie @ Love Live & Learn May 13, 2012 at 9:31 am

Hey Tessa, you know what? You’re an amazing person!

Just thought you might need a little reminder ;-) Anyway I completely understand why you don’t want to attend the whole school graduation ceremony, to be honest it sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I personally hate huge crowds so I don’t think I’d want to go either!

I’m sorry you had a low moment about eating out lots and ED stuff, but you can’t be 100% strong all of the time and hun, you walked around in the nude all morning – that’s got to be a good sign!! Walking around in the nude means not being disgusted by your body so that’s brilliant :-)

I love that you stocked up on Chobani and that you found all of that great stuff that people had left behind, I’d definitely take the un-used notebooks! It’s definitely okay to count a 40 min walk as a workout, I certainly did on Thursday! It’s so good to be kind to your body and let it rest :-)

This weekend I’ve spent a lot of time feeling pretty under the weather so watching catch-up tv and trying to get lots of exam preparation done. It’s a stressful time… it’s okay to the next two and a half weeks to be over!! Have a great meet-up lovely :-) Enjoy your frozen treats – I’m super jealous!
Sophie @ Love Live & Learn recently posted..Wide Sargasso Sea.

92 Lisa May 13, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Congrats on your graduation!!! And congrats to your step bro too, must be a smarty pants! I totally had a break down this weekend as well! I knew I was eating out on mother’s day at a buffet none the less. It caused major anxiety and instead of admitting I was anxious I tried to ignore it, and that ended up blowing up in my face. Oh man, I actually didn’t go to my high school graduation and don’t regret it. I mean I was in the hospital at the time anyways, but didn’t see the big deal. People said it sucked anyways. Boring and all that ;) I also finished insurgent in about 3 days! And was devastated when it ended haha. I totally get attached to books, makes me sad when it ends! So proud your getting stronger with your strength training! I need to be focusing more on that, than on cardio! I am totally saving your workout. I wish I lived close to you guys! Boo. I love Lindsay, I hope you two have a great time! Maybe I will make my way over close to where y’all live sometime in the summer. I would love to meet any blogger haha. Have a great day love xo
Lisa recently posted..Mother’s Day