Before jumping into my thoughts on this mild, spring-like Thursday, I just wanted to take a hot second to thank people for their valued input and support on my last post! I found it interesting to see the array of answers to my questions, some people used to be the “outsider,” odd man out back in the day and with time, they have realized how NONE of that in the past matters. While there were others who also understand such a period of insecurity has nothing to do with who you are, those lingering memories and feelings are hard to shake. I am certainly the latter on this one. I say this all the dang time, but all of this is a work in progress, one that must and will continue as time goes on.
Moving on! Allow me to get to my current thoughts!
1) On Thursdays I have my clinical at the children’s hospital in a town nearby. Usually our group of 5 is there helping patients and being on the floor from 7:00-3:30, regular day shift hours. Today though, we were released early, at noon! My clinical instructor was not feeling well and basically couldn’t stand it anymore and decided to call it a day with three hours to go. While of course I do feel bad that she is ill, I couldn’t help but say “HOLLA YES” when she told us the glorious news.
2) Speaking of clinicals, for the first time ermm ever, I feel confident in saying that I had a really great morning at the hospital! I am usually a 100% hot mess during these clinicals, as I continuously doubt myself on a constant basis. Brilliant I know and something I NEED to get over, especially for this field of health. Anyway, I did a number of procedures for the first time today and did them well, without fumbling my words, saying “I don’t know” when my instructor asks me “what’s next” or something like that, and I maintained a cool head. It was just nice to have one day there where I did not feel scared and incompetent of doing anything.
3) While searching for images for this post, I somehow stumbled upon this rather stupid, yet hilarious gem:
Tehehehee. So dumb, and I so love it.
4) Today for the first time in a week, I exercised more than just walking and GOOD LAWD was it a nice and welcome thing to do! Not going to lie, the lack of workouts this week has been real tough on the old noggin, those oh-so-fun negative thoughts and voices have been rather overpowering and tempestuously convincing. There were a few times that I *almost* said screw it and went to the gym or attempted a run but NOPE, I stuck to my guns here. I am proud of myself for this, but what does continue to concern me is the need I felt for those few days to get out there and move my body… again, besides walking. That combined with the lots of sitting situation for school, well it was a challenge.
My relationship with exercising, feeling the compulsive need to burn calories in some way, get up and move way more than necessary and build muscle whenever I can… has tremendously improved, but clearly it’s still an issue to an extent. Yet another thing I am highly aware of and attacking it slowly.
5) There are products out there that simply should not exist or are completely useless. For example, why on Earth would you buy these….
when an old, rolled up magazine (well two actually, oh boy getting crazy here), will do the same job of holding up your boots for a whole lot less money?! I have been using magazines to keep my uggs, other various boots standing as straight up as possible for years now and it works great. Hint, Food Network magazines are my support of choice, they are nice and sturdy unlike others out there!
Yet there are other useless products that DO in fact need to be a part of our economy, THIS being one of them (for sure),
6) I really enjoy the word tempestuously and realized that just now when it popped into my head for the 4th “thought.” Mmm fancy-sounding vocab words, love them! Some other favorites that come to mind, surreptitiously, superfluous, veracious, assiduous, blasphemy… I could go on, but my inner nerd self will rest for now
7) My cat makes me so so happy and pretty much whatever he does I find adorable…. this particular incident I am going to show you is extra cute The other night I was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework while Caleb was pawing a toy of some kind behind me on the floor. Suddenly (seriously) the noise stopped and I turned around to see where he went. Upon turning around, I encountered him in this position,
He fell asleep instantly it seems in this position! I saw him, smiled from ear to ear and grabbed my phone as silently as I could to snap some photos, I mean come onnnnnnn. I wuv him. Yep, I just said WUV.
8) I have reminded myself of this on a number of occasions, yet it keeps catching me off guard! I am all about “letting your feelings out,” expressing yourself when you want or need to, and doing your best to not let everything bottle up, as this often ends disastrously when something triggers an emotional meltdown. WELL I made the mistake of getting overwhelmed with a whole in the last week or so and suddenly it all piled up yesterday and I cracked. Let’s just say this week has been real rough- school, outside job, assignments, online class, trying to get my credits to transfer, suffering grades, personal crap issues… yeah not good to keep shut about all of that.
My adviser was the lucky one that told me something else burdening and it was the straw that broke the camel’s back… complete sob sesh right in her office, lovely. I did manage to pull myself together after about ohhhh, an HOUR or so and let me tell you, I was not looking too sexy after that. Thank goodness that I randomly carry extra mascara with me, let’s leave it at that. Other than my eyeballs kind of burning the rest of the day, that tremendous cry was NEEDED and today I am feeling more mentally ready to take on everything that is going on right now.
9) Well that was a rather depressing “thought” today so how about another goofy one that I find just awesome?! Anyone that has played/still does play The Sims (that would be me), absolutely appreciates this. For the record (in my humble opinion), The Sims 2 is the best… Sims 3 is just too complicated? Annoying? Just not right!
10) I am in desperate need of new clothes or at least unearth some nicer ones I own. #firstworldproblem I know, but I am just taking the yoga pants/zip up/scarf look way too far here. It’s just so easy to wear an outfit like to attend school, where I am there to impress NOBODY… and everyone else wears something similar. Being comfortable is oh-so-wonderful though and at least I straighten my hair and put make up on! Sometimes….
11) Last but not least, this is a quote I stumbled upon via my Pinterest (gahh where else?) earlier today.
True story, and the added Monsters Inc’ use of character here makes it even better.
-Can you think of any useless products you have seen recently? Have you been sucked into their appeal anyway? The absolute BEST resource for these is Sky Mall given on some airplanes, so much dumb stuff, yet I will admit to wanting a lot of crap in there that is 100% unnecessary for my life…
-When is the last time you had a major emotional melt down, sobbing, woe-is-me session? Do you tend to let things bottle up and then explode out in one bout? It’s funny(?), I was NEVER a crier prior to entering college where my freshman year I cried for literally 9 months straight. Since then, well the breakdowns come more easily in the form of waterfalls coming out of my eyeballs.
-What are some fancy-shmancy vocab words you enjoy using or saying?! I’m interested in hearing what y’all have to say on this one
-Share any and all of YOUR Thursday Thoughts!
Have a great evening friends and if I don’t “see” you before the weekend, enjoy that time as well